Throughout the first half of my internship, I have had the opportunity to learn a lot about Facebook, Facebook Reality Labs, and Orion. There have been plenty of helpful orientation sessions, Design Camp classes, and AR/VR training lessons. Amidst the sea of orientation material, introductory 1:1s, meetings, and live streams, I managed to get myself up to speed with the team and the product to make more informed design decisions in my work.
Some key highlights of my internship till now include:
- Getting to know everyone in the team as well as fellow interns across FRL and cross-functioning teams.
- Brainstorming and identifying opportunities for new interaction models and features.
- Established the basic functionalities while staying aligned with the hardware limitations identified by other designers and the engineering team.
- Building scenarios to validate problem statements and find user needs.
- Prototyping UX flows for the identified functionalities and getting feedback.
- Attending my first Q&A with Mark and My team's All Hands